You can transfer ownership of an existing application to a different user or to an organization.
You can only transfer ownership of an application that you own. You cannot (currently) transfer ownership of an application that's already owned by an organization.
When you transfer an application to a different user or to an organization, access permissions that were previously granted on the application are automatically revoked. The new owner (or in the case of an organization, the new
owners team) is responsible for granting access to the newly transferred application.
If you transfer ownership to a different user, the new owner’s Git provider (GitHub, Bitbucket, or GitLab) credentials are used for setting the status of builds and to make various API calls. However, when you transfer ownership to an organization, the organization doesn’t itself have Git provider credentials. Instead, your credentials (as the user who transferred the application) are used by default. Any user with admin permission on the organization can specify an alternative user whose account credentials will be used to make API calls.
Note also the following when transferring ownership to an organization:
- You can only transfer ownership of an application to an organization if you're a member of that organization's
- Once you've transferred ownership of an application to an organization, currently it's not possible to transfer application ownership to another user or organization. Neither is it possible to undo the operation. Therefore, when you specify that you want to transfer application ownership to an organization, you're prompted to confirm that that is really what you want to do.
To transfer ownership of an application:
- On the Pipelines page, select the application that you want to transfer ownership of.
- On the Options page, select the user or organization to which you want to transfer ownership of the application. If you selected an organization as the new owner, confirm that you do want to transfer application ownership.
- If you transferred application ownership to an organization, by default your Git provider credentials will be used for API operations. If you want a different user's credentials to be used for API operations, select the alternative user from the API user list on the Options page.